Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Jenni



When I was at the orphanage, I met this girl named Jenni. At first, she turned away her face from me as I was snapping pictures, and I though it was probably because she was sort of ashamed that she was in a wheelchair. The first thing that struck me about her was that she had a sling on her arm, and that I had just had a sling on my arm a couple of months ago. I wanted to tell her that I understood, that I knew how she felt, but I couldn't speak enough Spanish. During lunch, Loralee told me that Jenni spoke some English, so after lunch, I decided to try and talk with her. I told her about my sling, and streched out my arm to show her the scar. "Ouch!" she gasped, seeing the bump on my arm from the scar tissue. After that, I was able to talk to her some more, and slowly become her friend. Not more than five minutes after, she came up to me and said, "Photo! Photo!" and gave me a beautiful smile. This is the picture I got:


No comments:

Post a Comment