Thursday, November 15, 2012

This Day with God

This morning, I woke up late. Not only that, but I was still tired when I woke up. I tried to read something for my devotions, but I couldn't focus and my eyes kept wanting to close, so I prayed instead, asking God for strength. I should have known better, because any time I do this, I never end up having the best day, but I reasoned with myself that I could come back and read something later, after breakfast, and hurried away.

A little more than halfway through the morning, I was feeling absolutely horrible. I was not comprehending thing in class, making stupid mistakes, and just not having a good time in general. It was then (as it always is) that I remembered I hadn't had my devotions that morning. I crept off in between classes and read from tomorrow's devotional (from This Day with God, November 16). It was such a blessing! God knew exactly what I needed, gave me time to read it, and blessed me with strength for the rest of the day - the strength that I had prayed for! :) Here's what it said:

"We have every encouragement that, if we daily surrender our wills to God, the promise will be fulfilled, 'And of His fulness have we all received, and grace for grace' (John 1:16). Every revealing of the grace of Christ in our behalf is for us. We are to reveal His grace in our lives, in thought, word and deed.... Were it not for the power received through Christ, we would have no strength. But Christ has all power.... Here is our power, our comfort. Of ourselves, we have no strength. But He says, 'I am with you alway,' helping you to perform your duty, guiding, comforting, sanctifying, and sustaining you, giving you success in speaking words that will draw the attention of others to Christ, and awaken in their minds the desire to understand the hope and meaning of the truth, turning them from darkness to light and from the power of sin to God. (TDG 329.5)



Fall Colours







No comments:

Post a Comment