Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valley Of Fire

I used to think I loved living in the city. I had everything within arm's reach. I was so used to the dizzying lights and constant movement that the country didn't seem inviting. But ever since I've been living in the country, my opinion has totally changed. There is no other place I would rather live. The city's lights and amusements hold nothing to the the peace and serenity of the country.

We just got back from a 2-week-long tour in Las Vegas. I had forgotten how sickening sin is, and how much the city life supports that sin. Billboards, mesmerizing lights, flyers tacked to walls... All showed how much sin is available, and how you could find it. That's why I was so happy when I found out we were going to a park (the Valley of Fire) for our day off, that it would have some really nice rock formations, and we would get to spend the whole day outside, in more of a country setting. It was an absolutely beautiful day, and I got to go rock-climbing pretty much the whole time. I couldn't have thought of a better way to spend my day: surrounded by nature.




This was the rock Katie and I started to climb, along with Sam; however, we didn't have a dean with us, so we ended up having to come down.


Sam & Megan :)




After we made it to the top of the ridge :)


The jet streams were so cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment